Monday, July 29, 2013

MY TIMES

MY TIMES Psalms 31:14 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. 15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. 16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. The Bible has much to say about time. The brevity of time and use of time and we are encouraged to redeem the time; to consider the latter end of our time. The Bible stresses the importance of being prompt and on time and then tells us that whatsoever thy hand finds to do to do it now. The wise man Solomon instructs the young people to “Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;” (Ecclesiastes 12:1) James says in James 4:13, “Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away 15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.” James evidently was of the same opinion as the Psalmist that our times are in The Lords hand. We know not what life holds for us, and I thank God that my time is in God’s hand and that I can claim the promise found in Hebrews 13:5, “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.” We all will be “traveling a road” we have never traveled before it will all be new! Therefore let us continue the journey of life by seeking the Lord’s guidance for our journey that we will be pleasing unto Him. May we experience the joy and peace that can be ours when we “walk” with Him. May we all truly realize that our time is in the Lord’s hand. Let us learn to say; “If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.” You are the steward of your time. Use it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment